Cake & Cappuccino @ The Fabulous Baker Boy


Visited That Spare Room at River Valley for the "Artists Anonymous" art show on Mother's Day, and of course partaketh of a cake and cuppa at The Fabulous Baker Boy (adjoining venues).

And while mum+sis had a overtly sweet (even by my standards) "Bette Midler", my "Nutty Monkey" was pretty on-point awesome, featuring a hint of hazelnut (my fav right now, especially with coffee) and suitably sufficient for my diabetic malady (or so I convince myself :p).


Known for their cakes, price per slice ranged from $8.50 to $9 - are indeed hefty prices for pastry, but truthfully I've been much of a shut-in for the past few years (even before my Stroke in 2010), so I wouldn't know "the market" otherwise. But mine was YUM, so that's good :)

You KNOW it when you taste it, that they make their own, and it's rocking!

The cappuccino I had was lush and full bodied, I had zero complaints. A swell way to end an afternoon at the exhibition, followed by a swell time to be had outside the venue, swinging along on a retro childhood Sunday …

I would visit the spot again, in a heartbeat, but if only I drove, because getting there - while not as "difficult", seeing that tis a hop cross the overhead bridge from Liang Court, where the River Valley Swimming Complex used to be - is plausible walking back from, after a meal, exercising and all, but unless you are game for a jaunt :p



whatsapp / SMS: +65 97298 560
WHERE: The Foothills, 70 River Valley Road, #01-15 (179037)
OPENING HOURS (CLOSED ON MONDAYS):
Tue to Thurs : 11am to 10 pm
Fri & Sat : 11 am to 11pm
Sun : 10 am to 5pm

www.thefabulousbakerboy.com
Twitter: @fabbakerboy2012
Instagram: @thefabulousbakerboy
Facebook: fb.com/Thefabbakerboy


The late-lunchtime crowd was stupendously packed when we got there!
(Below: View from inside-out of That Spare Room)

*Most images here via Cindy Heng (IG @blisstar)

Comments

Popular Posts